Tuesday, March 30, 2010

new habits, I hope...

Well, I've finally done it. I didn't think it was possible, not even for a day....but I have been junk-food free for a whole week and two days now! Josh and I both have. We have a new 30 day eating plan that consists of no sweets (no cookies, ice cream, cake, brownies, donuts, anything like that), nothing to drink except water and skim milk (chocolate milk not allowed), no french fries, no mashed potatoes, and the only restaurants we can eat at are Subway, grilled chicken from Chickfila, or healthy options from Jason's Deli (which if you were wondering, does not include the endless supply of frozen yogurt that I love so much)...the diet includes other things too, but those are the big ones.

It's really a hard plan to follow. I have dreams at night about drinking Dr. Pepper, and I honestly feel like I can taste it in my dreams. It's been 4 months since my last soda and I still want it all the time!

So the point of this whole diet is not to lose a certain amount of weight, although that'd be nice, but to prove to ourselves that we can actually say no to unhealthy, delicious, tempting treats that we usually give in to without a second thought. Hopefully, even though after 30 days we won't be as strict, I will have more healthy habits and I won't eat junk food to make myself feel happy. Yep. I eat junk food to make myself feel happy. I said it.

We ARE weighing ourselves every Sunday night, though, and I did lose 2.2 pounds this week! I don't hate it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am! I admire your strength and determination. I only wish I could be so disciplined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! It's definitely hard...we've been trying to do this for a couple weeks and this past week was my weakest...I gave in to some jelly beans at Reed's parents house. But it sounds like you guys are super determined :) How exciting!! yayay

    ReplyDelete