Saturday, May 29, 2010

I need to make friends.

I think I am having the same talk with myself that I had to have January of my freshman year of college. It was after an entire semester of crying in my dorm room about how horrible college was and how I was socially incapable of making friends. (You remember, Kacy).

By the end of that semester, I wanted to transfer...to UT. So glad I didn't. I just thought I wanted to because all our friends that went to UT seemed to love it and be having a great time. Soooo glad I didn't.

So that December, I decided if I expected to have friends, I had to attempt to make friends. I actually tried to talk to people in my classes for once. I made a couple friends that way, but thankfully, God helped me out a lot on that one by giving me an amaaaazing bunch of friends that semester who are still some of my best friends today.

Anyway, here I am today, feeling pretty much like I did freshman year of college. I feel like I rarely see Josh anymore, because he has been working a lot (which is great that he's working, don't get me wrong.) and I have literally no one my age to hang out with here in Allen. I wish I lived closer to Dallas so it wouldn't be a 40 minute drive to see my friends. The only friends I do have my age here are Todd and Justin, who are really Josh's friends and it'd be super weird if I called them to hang out on any given night. Besides that, my besties in Allen are Josh's family (who I really do love) and the 1 yr old babies that I babysit, Caden and Ella...exceptional babies, I have to say, but not BFF material.

The only trouble this time around in the friend-making department is that I'm not in a town that has 40,000 college students in a 15 mile radius. Making new friends in the real world is hard!!!

So that's where I'm at right now. Some days I definitely feel better than others. I'm hoping to get a job at Banana Republic that I applied for today at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, so maybe I can make some friends my age there and make money (and of course, get a 50% discount on all Banana Republic, Gap, and Old Navy clothes!).

For tonight though, I think I'm just going to sulk, eat things that I shouldn't, and just to go all out, watch shows like Kendra and True Life: I Have Two Moms.







1 comment:

  1. I've been guilty of watching Kendra. And I saw a True Life was on earlier, but it was "I'm a Southern Belle." Not nearly as interesting as some of the others we've watched.

    I know exactly how you feel in the friends department. That's why I keep begging you to move here so I'll have a friend. A friend. It doesn't SEEM like too much to ask for, but according to my Houston Friend Count, it is.

    Unfortunately I DO remember our freshmen year. I'd rather not. You went out there, though, and you did the dang thang. You got yourself some friends. And I know you'll do it again. You're extremely likable and personable and friendly and funny and genuine. I'm quite envious of you.

    ReplyDelete