Thursday, April 8, 2010

On Tuesday night, I got a text message from a number I didn't recognize that said "Hay. LIVE LAUGH LEARN" .... I immediately laughed and thought it was Laura maybe texting from someone else's phone or something. Then right after that, I got a call from that number, and it was Montay, the girl I mentored a few years ago in College Station!

It was so crazy because I've been thinking about her a lot lately. I have been feeling really sad and guilty because I had this perfect opportunity through mentoring to talk about Jesus with her, and I didn't. I mean, I think I was a good role model and I think she liked me pretty well, but I totally blew that opportunity. So I've just been thinking about that a lot lately and how I don't want to be like that in my life. It's not enough to just be a sweet person that isn't willing to tell other people about Christ because it might be uncomfortable.

So then she calls me--it was really good to catch up with her, and I told her next time I'm in College Station, we should get together.. So now I'm praying that God would show me what I need to do and how I can talk to her...but more than that, I'm praying that she comes to know Christ, whether that involves me or not.


2 comments:

  1. Montay! I forgot about her...Funny that she's been on your mind and then called you. Only not funny. That's how those things work when you're dealing with God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, talk about the Lord working...I love how God gave you those thoughts and desires and then provided....thanks for sharing :) this encouraged me this morning :)

    ReplyDelete