Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Renewed Mind is the Key...

First of all, I want to thank you all for your support and encouragement through these difficult times of lethargy and indolence in my life.

I think Saturday was my last blog. Well, I want you to know that Sunday, I had a real turnaround. I became disgusted at the way I was wasting my life! I also became disgusted with my 5 pound weight gain(excessive tv + lots of oreos + no running for a week + eating corny dogs for lunch = weight gain for Leslie, duh) But anyway, I want to just tell you a little bit about my new plan for living.

1.I'm going to start waking up early.
2. I'm going to run in the mornings(the half marathon is still on, and Josh is definitely going to do it now!)
3. I'm not going to watch afternoon television. At all.
4. I'm going to take away distractions while I study, so I can actually get stuff done in a shorter amount of time. (Brilliant, isn't it?)
5. I'm considering reading for fun--but only really really good books. If you have recommendations, do share. Just don't say Harry Potter or Twilight--I won't do it!
6. Stop eating total crap.

So, Josh and I have been going to Watermark in Dallas for church for the last few weeks. We really like it a lot, and we're wanting to get involved there. There's a huge group of young adults/singles which is neat. Most churches do not have this (case in point: First Baptist in Sulphur Springs) I want to get involved in a small group for girls my age (I think). Watermark does a whole lot with serving the community, so I would like to be a part of that too.

Speaking of Watermark, got a story for ya, Ags: So Josh and I have gone for the last 3 weeks and we pretty much just go to the service and leave right after, and we don't know anyone there yet. But THIS week, we were drinking coffee and chit-chatting in the foyer before church, and who do we see but Bret Peterson and Sheryl (Burk? Burke? Burks? Burkes?)!!!! Then after the service, we saw Ryan Clinkscales and Tim Ennis! I didn't know they all went there. I was very excited. Gosh, it sure is good to be around fellow Ags. The Aggie Spirit was at work in our lives that Sunday morning, that's for sure!

The sermon on Sunday was the most challenging sermon I've heard in a long time. He talked about how we say one thing about how much we love Jesus and then live completely opposite. In our day to day lives, are we really pursuing wisdom and living by Scripture, or are we just letting the world and the culture we live in determine who we are and how we live. I'm just gonna put a link to a one minute video on here, just in case you wanna watch it. I thought it was really good.

While I'm at it, I have to put this link up too. It will change your life in a totally different way. Thanks to Justin and Kacy for bringing this into my life. I'm working on my steps and we hope to perform it in church soon--heck, we might even go on tour? We'll see!!!!


5 comments:

  1. That video is somethin' else. You know those people thought they were performing a brilliant contemporary piece and becoming "relevant" to this day and age.
    I just almost wet my pants laughing thinking about us doing that in real life. Justin would ROCK that solo that the guy does in the middle. Is he doing the heel-toe? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check this one out, too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1kjkUAA9VM&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books for fun

    -A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

    -The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

    -The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (I don't know if you saw the movie, but I read the book long ago, and it's a major fave.)

    That's a start. If you need more let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. some more books for fun

    Animorphs by K.A. Applegate (also I would check out the Megamorph series by her; awesome!)

    Tales of the Jedi; The Golden Age of the Sith by Kevin Anderson
    (if you read the above, you'll also want to check out Tales of the Jedi; The Freedom Nadd Uprising by Tom Veitch.)

    The Pearls of Lutra by Brian Jacques (Part of a great series called Redwall, which follows the adventures of rodents at war, an inspiring and epic series)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas over and over and over again...

    ReplyDelete