Sunday, March 20, 2011

I have an addiction to drinking just about any non-alcoholic beverage you can think of. I'm not one of these people that loves Coke or loves Dr. Pepper. I don't take sides. I love Dr. Pepper, Coke, root beer, Sprite, Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper, 7-Up, RC cola, sweet tea, coffee, iced coffee, iced caramel macchiatos, iced mochas, hot mochas, and any type of juice. I could probably think of more, but those are just my top 15 for you!

This is a problem. I almost always have to be drinking something at all times. I do enjoy water, but most of the time, I don't drink it. I drink when I've had a great day and want to treat myself, when I'm going on a long road trip (or a 10 minute drive), when I've had a long day, when I wake up early (even if it's just like 10 minutes earlier than usual)...and most of all, I drink bad things when I'm eating bad food. Don't make me drink water with pizza, or with hamburgers, and certainly not with Mexican food--I'll get cranky real fast.

People tell me not to keep it in the house, but that's even worse. Then I just drive to go get whatever I want. I don't even think twice about it. Once I decide I'm going to have something to drink, that's it. I go get it. It's probably the thing I spend the most money on, just drinks.

My goal: To not spend more than $20 dollars between now and March 29 (the day I move to Houston!) That includes drinks and food.

I don't know if this seems like an unrealistic goal, or if it seems too easily attainable. But I think for me, it's actually going to be really hard. I just want to be able to say no!!!!!!!

I'll let you know how that goes.



2 comments:

  1. I know you can do it! Having a tangible goal can also really help re-train your brain. I'm so proud of you, Les!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you finally updated! I look every day. I was having withdrawals.

    Here's my theory: we're either going to be really good for each other or really bad for each other. (Deep, huh?) But my guess is it's going to be the latter. We're enablers. Not to mention the fact that I ALWAYS have a 12-pack of DP in the fridge and the coke machine at school is only 65 cents. But if we can at least run together, then hopefully it'll balance out. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete