Monday, March 28, 2011

Yep, I failed.

Wellll, I didn't make it these last 3 days on just a dollar. I could have. But I ended up totally giving in to the power of Chick-Fil-A for my lunch Saturday. After I did it, my thought was "Crap, I have to tell everyone (Kacy, Danielle, Jessica) on my blog about this"...

Then yesterday, I bought a cup of coffee for $2.00

My total was $28 for the week.

I'm curious how this compares to you guys and how you spend money on food & drinks. (I know I shouldn't compare to other people, blahblahblah). Because after this week, I'm thinking I am this crazy person who is obsessed with eating out and getting drinks. And this week I actually did better than how I usually do. (Are you judging me!?)

Also, I am taking Danielle's words of wisdom and looking for how I can cut back. I need to cut back on how much I drink, but when I do drink, I need to make it at home instead of spending $1 or $2 every time I'm thirsty...

Here are my goals for the future:
Make sweet tea at home if I want it.
Make coffee at home instead of going out.
I really want to quit drinking sodas, but I'm just so afraid I won't be able to do it! ehhhhhh
Drink more water.
I want to have a budget of like no more than $5 a week on just drinks.

What do we think?


4 comments:

  1. I agree with Danielle, if you're going to drink, definitely buy a 24 pack or something, cause it averages less than .25$ a can. I used to drink coffee and sodas everyday, but I had some health issues so I basically replaced it with water. I drink juice every morning with my chlorophyll (don't make fun :)) and I also usually drink hot tea every morning. I think per day that comes out to .65$ a day. But again, I'm a weirdo that had health issues that made me realize I really needed to stop, so maybe not the best person to compare to. I think that $5 a week is totally do-able. Also, another way to help you stick to it would be to get 5 in CASH and tell yourself that you can only use this much money for drinks. Sometimes its easier to manage cash then to keep track of how much we're running through our credit/debit cards. If you save some, you can use it the next week, but restrict yourself that that cash only...since sometimes you get drinks when eating out, maybe you should also apply that to eating out? That way you can also keep track of how much you're spending on going out to eat?? Just a thought :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I don't think you failed. You're trying and that says a lot compared to most people. Just don't give up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really go to places just to buy drinks. But I do love to eat out. I'm going to try to be better, though, while you're here. That group I'm in at church (Dinner Darlings. Don't laugh.) has really helped because our freezer (about to be your freezer, too! :-) is now stocked with meals. As long as I remember to take it out to thaw, then I already have a home cooked meal ready to go. Sometimes we still splurge on going out to eat. Case in point: we just got home from Chuy's. Chick-fil-a is probably the toughest for me because it's on my way home from school. I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These long comments were so exciting to read!

    Jessica, that is good advice! Kacy, I really think I'll do a lot better living with yall. Not perfect, but better! P.S. Josh took me to Chuy's yesterday too...I loooooooooove Chuy's...

    ReplyDelete