Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summa

Hi.

Don't worry, I'm blogging now. (I know you were starting to worry.) I'm a little hesitant to do this, because let's be honest, it is basically Xanga, and I'm still trying to forget how ridiculous my Xanga posts were, complete with emo song lyrics, quotes from Blue Like Jazz, the whole bit. Maybe...just maybe...this is my chance to redeem myself.

I actually don't expect anyone to read this. I feel like I shouldn't be allowed to have a blog because my life is incredibly bland. But I'm doing it anyway, and you can't stop me!!

For now, I just want to share with you what my summer has been like. I have been in the booming metropolis of Sulphur Springs, Texas all summer. I am here babysitting my two nieces and my nephew, ages 7, 2, and 8 months. I spend about 50 hours a week babysitting, and I earn a SOLID $3.25 per hour. I totally look like a single mother of three when I go out in public with the kids. This makes me feel awkward. I saw a former classmate of the SSHS Class of 2005 a few weeks ago, whom I haven't seen since the year 2005, and said "Hey! THESE AREN'T MY KIDS, I PROMISE!" I don't think he believed me.

After I get home from babysitting, I sit at home and watch tv. I don't want to have to share that with you, because it's not something to be proud of! But hey, if you know me, you know I'm about keepin' it real and raw. So yes. I have been an avid viewer of The Bachelorette, So You Think You Can Dance, Family Feud, Wipeout, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Friends re-runs, and unfortunately, Reba.

Aaaaand I'm going to end this right now, because I have ALREADY resorted to talking about tv. When I talk to Josh (that's my boyfriend, he's legit) on the phone, and he asks me about my day, I share stories about things I saw on tv that day, and he has to stop me. I can't wait to move to Allen (which I'll do NEXT WEEK!) where I'll have friends and at least somewhat of a social life. I look forward to re-entering society again!

1 comment:

  1. AND UNFORTUNATELY REBA!?!??!! no ma'am...FORTUNATELY Reba!!

    Also I love how you diss Xanga -- because doesn't your boyfriend STILL have one and update it? Or isn't he within a year or so of his last update!? ;)

    Love that you're blogging. If you could have #1 fans, I'd be one. But this isn't facebook OR myspace, and it's not lame either sooooooooo bye!!!!

    ReplyDelete