Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Classy teacher clothes, here I come...

I got the job at Banana Republic! Yay. Now, I just hope I'm good at it. Surely I will be. Right?? I mean, I just have to sell clothes. It's not like I could put anyone's life or well-being in danger. So that's good, I guess.

My summer class started yesterday. It's going to be on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5-9pm. Unfortunately, I sit by one of the older people that hasn't taken classes in a long time and freaks out about everything. Everything. And then there are the people that think they already know everything and think they are our teacher. And then there are people that ask questions that make me wonder why they think they are competent to teach anybody. And then there are the nice, smart people that will be great teachers. Thankfully, there are at least a few of those!

I ran with my new friend Ashlee (she's in our life group at church) today. I haven't run in a long time, and I went 2 miles without stopping! Good for me. Of course, I need to say a few words of thanks to Beyonce and Chris Brown for getting me through it. I couldn't have done it without them. Seriously, I couldn't.

I am LOVING our life group on Thursday nights. It's all couples in their 20s...most of them are married. They are so fun. In the past, I've definitely had times where I dread going to church or small groups because they are socially uncomfortable. But I'm so excited to go to church on Sundays now, and happy to hang out with people my age. And the girls make me feel like I can actually talk to them about what's going on in my life, which I'm thankful for. I'm so happy to have made friends from our church. Thanks, God!






3 comments:

  1. 1) Awesome news about the job!
    b) You fall into the category of one of those nice, smart people that will be a great teacher.
    III) Great job on the running! I did my dance workout video two days in a row. It's quite embarrassing because I know I look ridiculous. But it gets me sweaty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm stoked because you just made the 4th comment--that's a record for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of person are you in the class? I definitely think it's not B like Kacy said...I'm leaning more towards the people with the dumb questions? ;)

    ReplyDelete